Inspirational speech by Chris Pratt at the 2018 MTV Movie & TV Awards | Winner of the MTV Generation Award
Thank you! Can you hear me? I don’t want to lean down. I want to thank Bryce and Aubrey, I love you both so much. Thank you MTV for this honour. Real quick thanks to my mum and my dad, and my brother Cully, my sister Angie. I love you, I love our family. We didn’t have a pot to piss in growing up, but we laughed our butts off every day and we still do. And a special mention to my son Jack, who will watch this one day. Kid, I love you. I love you more than anything in the world.
And to the fans, I wouldn’t be here without you. Thank you.
This being the Generation Award, I’m going to cut to the chase and I’m going to speak to you, the next generation. Okay. I accept the responsibility as your elder, so listen up.
This is what I call:
Nine Rules from Chris Pratt: Generation Award Winner
- Breathe. If you don’t, you’ll suffocate.
- You have a soul. Be careful with it.
- Don’t be a turd. If you’re strong, be a protector. And if you’re smart, be a humble influencer. Strength and intelligence can be weapons, and do not wield them against the weak. That makes you a bully. Be bigger than that.
- When giving a dog medicine, put the medicine in a little piece of hamburger, they won’t even know they’re eating medicine.
- Doesn’t matter what it is, earn it. A good dead, reach out to someone in pain, be of service, it feels good, and it’s good for your soul.
- God is real. God loves you. God wants the best for you. Believe that. I do.
- If you have to poop at a party, but you’re embarrassed because you’re goanna stink up the bathroom, just do what I do. Lock the door, sit down, get all the pee out first. Okay? And then, once all the pee’s done, poop, flush, boom. You minimise the amount of time the poop is touching the air, because if you poop first, it takes you longer to pee and then you’re peeing on top of it, stirring it up, the poop particles create a cloud, it goes out and then everyone in the party will know that you pooped. Just trust me, it’s science.
- Learn to pray. It’s easy, and it’s so good for your soul.
- Nobody is perfect. People are going to tell you you’re perfect just the way you are. YOU’RE NOT! You are imperfect. You always will be. But there is a powerful force that designed you that way, and if you’re willing to accept that, you will have grace. And grace is a gift. And like the freedom that we enjoy in this country that grace was paid for with somebody else’s blood. Do not forget it. Don’t take it for granted.
God bless you, please get home safely. Thank you!
More Memorable Acceptance Speeches:
Inspirational Oscar Speech – Matthew McConaughey
Beautiful & Amazing Oscar Speech – Viola Davis
Nine Rules from Chris Pratt: Generation Award Winner 2018